Selling your home can be a long process and there are no guarantees that everything will run smoothly. This is why it is always a good idea to get professional advice. Your real estate agent should always be on hand to offer you advice whenever you need it. You may also find these following tips useful.
1. Make sure that you have set realistic costs for selling your home. Your real estate agent should be able to let you know the average costs involved with similar properties to yours.
2. Different areas tend to have different seasons where houses sell better than others. If you can make your house look inviting for the season where more houses are sold, you may be able to find a buyer more quickly.
3. Highlight the things about your home that make it different from other properties. This will increase the amount of people that ask for a viewing.
4. If your windows are clean then this will let more natural light into the property. It is a good idea to spend some time cleaning your windows before people come to view your home. Even if this is a difficult task, potential buyers do not need to know the amount of effort you have put in.
5. In an ideal world you will want to sell your property before you have moved into your new home. It can be very expensive to keep up with all the costs of two properties, especially as you don’t know how long it will be until your old home is sold.
6. You will want to achieve the best possible price for your property, but you circumstances may not mean that you have the time to wait for the right offer. If you need to sell quickly, then you may need to be more flexible about the price that you are prepared to accept. However, if you are not in any rush to sell then you will have time to wait for an offer that matches the price that you want.
7. If you do need to sell your home quickly, then you will need to make it cheaper than similar properties which may be for sale in the area. This will immediately make your property more appealing to potential buyers. When setting the price for your property, around 10% less than similar properties is usually a good place to start.
8. People viewing your home will not be impressed if there is a lot of mess. You should deep clean your home before you start accepting viewings so that everywhere looks clean and tidy.
9. There may be advice that your real estate agent will give you that you may not want to hear. If they have criticisms about your home, then it can be difficult not to take this personally. However, the comments that they give are not personal and they can help you to sell your home more quickly.
10. You may love the smell of incense and scented candles, but this does not mean that everyone will. It is a good idea not to burn these things before you have people viewing your home as it could be quite off-putting if they do not like the smell.
11. You should be prepared to negotiate on price. There is a good chance that you may not receive the amount that the property is on the market for. Your real estate agent can help with this negotiation so that you still get a price which is fair.
12. If you do get any negative remarks, then try and turn this into something positive. These remarks can give you ideas for things that you can change in order to make the property more appealing to potential buyers.
13. You may want to consider selling your property at auction. This is a good idea if the market is slow at the time that you want to sell. You will have to pay some commission if the property is sold, but this can be less than the fees of a real estate agent. Selling at auction is one of the quickest ways to sell your home.
14. If you have space in your property that is not being used, then consider utilizing it in a way that will provide buyers with extra features. For example, a basement that is only used for storage could be turned into a games room.
15. Before the house is put up for sale, check whether there are any odd jobs that need doing. Things such as leaky taps may not seem like a big deal, but they could force the price of the property down. People may also be less likely to want to buy if there is quite a bit of work to be done.
16. If you are selling a business property, then you want to hire a real estate agent that specializes in this particular area. They will have the experience that you need to make sure that you are getting the best possible price for the property. They will also have contacts in the business world that may be looking for a property just like the one you are selling.
17. When people are looking to buy a property, they want to be able to imagine themselves living there. This means it is a good idea to remove your personal items such as photographs and ornaments when viewings are taking place. This also applies to the garden and so you may want to think about removing any furniture or decorative items that you have outside.
Whether this is the first property you have sold, or you have plenty of experience, the property market it always changing and this is why it is important to get up to date advice. The advice that has been given here can help to make sel